Forecastle X: July 13-15, 2012


Back in July I made the trip down to Louisville for my second Forecastle Festival with Allison. This time my parents and Wyatt also joined.  This year marked the festival's 10th Anniversary.  Wyatt and I went down on Friday after I got off work and managed to see Beach House (bottom right in picture above), Sleigh Bells, Lucero and Bassnectar.  After the festival, we walked over to 4th Street Live for some dinner.  Allison met on Saturday morning in time for lunch at Smashburger.  Unfortunately it started to rain while we were at lunch.  Since our plans had been to walk around before we headed over to the festival grounds, we decided to stay dry by getting drinks Gordon Biersch.  The festival had times pushed back due to rain and when we finally made it over there, the rains held off for the rest of the day/night.  We met up with my parents before walking around and letting Allison check things out.  We saw Dr. Dog, Galactic, Andrew Bird and My Morning Jacket on Saturday.  On Sunday, Wyatt and I had lunch downtown before we went over Bardstown Road and did some shopping.  We met up with my parents at the festival and managed to see Deer Tick, Fruit Bats, Beats Antique, and Wilco.  Luckily we managed to escape the rain all weekend.  It was a great weekend full of great music.  Click through the jump below to see more pictures from the weekend.








Me and Allison

My Morning Jacket

Wilco

Wyatt and Me

Wilco

Mom and Dad



Beach House







And just as an added bonus to this post if you are still reading, Forecastle was really instrumental in Wyatt and I finally getting together and dating after knowing each other for 6 years.  For that alone, I was already grateful to the festival but the weekend proved to be extraordinary and only added to my love for the festival.

No comments