Alligator Themed Baby Shower

On Sunday I hosted a baby shower for one of my best friends who happens to be due in less than a month now (November 9th to be exact).  It was my first time to host an event like this completely on my own.  I wanted to have a shower for our college friends.  Since we are all scattered out and are rarely in one place at the same time, I thought it would be nice to have an intimate shower with just us girls instead of the standard shower with family, friends, coworkers, etc.  I was tossing around theme ideas already, but when I found out the nursery theme I knew I had to use it for the shower too.


 I was able to use a color scheme that I already had in mind.  I designed the invitations and plenty of other printables in photoshop.   Since I have an affinity for milk glass, I decided to use some of my pieces as serving pieces on the food table.  My new cobalt blue glass cake plate ended up going perfectly with the color scheme.  My mom and I prepared a lunch for the shower (I couldn't have done it without the help of my amazing Momma).  I had chosen the menu of chicken salad sandwiches, greek salad, pasta salad, chips, cheese ball, sugar cookies (quite possibly my best yet!), Devil's Food cupcakes, white chocolate covered oreos and white chocolate bottle-shaped candy.  As decorations, I used a few of Devin's maternity pictures and some custom letter monogram graphics that I designed in Photoshop in white IKEA frames behind the food table.  I also made a diaper cake for the main table.  Of course, I had a million more decorating ideas but I was happy with what I ended up choosing.  I had each guest fill out a card with wishes for Baby Carter and we also played one game in which guests had to guess how big Momma-to-be's belly was by using crepe paper streamers.  Each guest also received scratch off cards to determine the winner of one of the prizes.




EDIT: My Etsy Shop is now open for business and it features items from this shower. Have a look around and check out adorable alligator themed baby shower items.
Until the next party,

No comments