Merry, Merry Christmas!



First of all Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating today! I hope you've had a great day with family, friends, good eats, and safe travels!  I spent the afternoon in Orange county celebrating with my mom's side of the family.  Now we're expecting our first blizzard of this winter and I'm really wishing my toes were in the sandy beaches of Destin already!

I spent the weekend in Lafayette celebrating Christmas with Wyatt and his friends and family.  I was so excited to give him Christmas gift.  I decided I wanted to give him a bar cart after discussing with him earlier in the year about maybe making one for his apartment.  I found a cart on eBay and my dad ended up refinishing it for me to resemble the cart found on a Design Sponge post. I'm so lucky he took on the project for me because he did an amazing job! Overall the cart was in decent condition (especially if you compare to what the cart looked like in the before on the Design Sponge post).  Here is the before and afters.  It seemed to be a big hit with all who saw it this weekend.







Wyatt outdid himself with my Christmas gifts.  To begin the gift giving, he gave me a calendar with a not inside explaining that I needed to pay attention the locations inside the calendar and that the following gifts each represented one of the places in the calendar.  He admitted that a couple might be a little stretch but he really did pull from what he knew about me o fulfill all these gifts.  With each gift also came an explanation by him of why he chose that item and a little history about the location and it's connection with the gift.



Boston - Red Tulips
Belgium - Godiva Chocolate
France - Ciroq
Quebec - Mapel wood box
England - Cannister of tennis balls used at Wimbledon during a Championship match
Vienna - Milk glass snack set (of 6)
Denmark - Book of fairy tales
Bavaria - Two bottles of wine
Portugal - Espresso Beans
Venice - Gift certificate to All Fired Up, a potter place in Lafayette where we can make something together
Newfoundland - A pair of earrings shaped like fish
Brazil - A green bracelet made of Tagua



To top off an already amazingly creative and thoughtful present, he also gave me a new Kate Spade purse.  He knew I had been eyeing some Kate Spade products and with the help of my Pinterest, he picked this one out for me.  I love it and all of the other gifts.  I'm really looking forward to using my All Fired Up gift certificate with him sometime this winter.  His parents gave me the most darling milk glass fairy lamp.  It is so pretty when the tea light is glowing inside.



No comments