Pairings that Pop!


Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks! There are weekends when I run to the farmer's market in town just to pick up some fresh kettle corn.  In fact, it's rare that you will find my pantry lacking some form of it, whether it's a box of microwave popcorn, a bag of Skinny Pop, or some fresh from the local Farmer's Market.  I also love combining popcorn with various mix-ins to create a more complex flavor than just your run of the mill popcorn.  I am not sure why I never thought to do wine and popcorn pairings before now.  When my friends over at Skinnypop sent me this infographic of the best wine and popcorn pairings, I had to share.  


Eat your heart out Olivia Pope.

I have already picked up a few different flavors to try soon.  I think the first up will be White Cheddar with a good Malbec we've been meaning to open or maybe Salt & Pepper with a nice Sauvignon Blanc.  I'm very intrigued by some of the other flavor pairings.  These would be perfect for girls' nights in watching the Batchelor or binge watching your favorite show!  Wyatt and I have a few series we're in the progress of watching via Netflix or dvd.  Let's just say given our love of wine and my love for popcorn, I predict trying out several of these pairings this summer and fall!



No comments