Parents Visit


It's hard to pin down where my parents are at any given time because they're enjoying retirement by taking many adventures.  Between their trips and our busy schedule it has meant that we haven't had the chance to visit much this summer.  We worked out a day during a week that I could take off work and spend with them in Lafayette.  We took them to our favorite restaurant, the Black Sparrow, first so they could try the fish and chips!  They are my favorite fish and chips.  So much so that it was over a year after I first tried them before I tried anything else off the menu.  I'm glad that I finally did because I love everything on their menu!  After lunch we drove over to Purdue's campus so my mom could stop at the bookstore for a new t-shirt (I scored a deal on a Lilly Pulitzer tumbler too!).  We decided to walk around on campus for a while after that as campus has certainly changed a lot since my parents lived up here.




After our tour of campus, we went back to my apartment to have dessert and celebrate dad for a late Father's Day since he was in Colorado on Father's Day and we were unable to celebrate with him then.  For dinner we took them to La Scala, the restaurant that Wyatt and I had our first date at four years ago.





1 comment

  1. Thanks for a great visit...we sure don't have enough of them. The walk around Purdue campus was awesome. It sure has changed since the 70s.

    ReplyDelete