Valentine's Day Charcuterie & Cheese Board



We decided to stay in for Valentine's Day again this year. We had some big purchases already this year and decided we'd just cook dinner and have a charcuterie and cheese board at home for a relaxing night at home.  I also made a little sweets board for us too.

I started by picking out a few cheeses to include on it.  Our favorite is Port Salut so I started with that and then grabbed an herb goat cheese that looked good and rounded it out by using some mini babybel cheese because they come in a fun red wax.  I had intended on creating an 'X' and 'O' in the wax but decided to just stick with 'X's as time was an issue for me. Once I had a few cheeses selected, I needed a couple of types of meat for the board. I kept it simple and bought prosciutto and some pre-sliced hard salami.  I added some berries, pickles, mustard, and crackers.  Wyatt was at a local bread shop that day for lunch and picked up a couple of their soft pretzels to add to the board too. It was the perfect little combination of food.

For the sweets, I wanted to stay on theme with Valentine's Day as much as possible.  I knew I wanted strawberry wafers because not only do I like them, they are pink and perfect for the theme.  It was actually difficult to find pink strawberry wafers but I snagged a small package at the gas station when I got gas that week. I also knew I had to get conversation hearts to add to it.  I found some heart shaped chocolate truffles and some salted caramel bites at Aldi that I snagged just for this.  I completed the sweets by added some strawberry fruit leathers and Reese's hearts!  Wyatt also bought me some cherry cordials from a local candy shop for Valentine's Day!









No comments