Summer



Now that summer is in full swing, I'm embracing getting dressed up...even if it is just to go grab groceries or a quick coffee on the patio.  I've started to venture out to thrift just a little bit and have found so many treasures recently, including the ceramic tray for our coffee table! 



Thank goodness for the patio at the Spot and the people who adhere to the social distancing and mask rules while there.  Our favorite coffee shop, the Eleventh House, operates out of the Spot and we have been thrilled to be able to stop by and enjoy the patio this summer! Also, the best pizza in town, Snuggs Pizza, has been doing pop-ups on the patio so we have been sure to stop by on those evenings! Seriously, so good. 



We have only been to see one couple we are friends with so far. We had a nice little afternoon out by their new pool.  Full disclosure, we got ready and Wyatt's swim trunks are red and blue and we definitely looked like we were coordinating for the 4th of July...though it was not indeed the 4th of July.

Sometimes we just need pick-me-ups in these strange times.  I decided I wanted to put together a charcuterie and cheese board just because and it turned out great. I even got to use one of my new thrifted treasures, my Secla cabbage covered dish! We made salads to go with all the cheese and other goodies. We have been very into salads lately and have been creating fun and different salads each week! 





Besides salads, I have also been obsessed with nachos! We have made sheet pan nachos several times this summer.  We even made a knock off version of our favorite nachos from the Black Sparrow using some fresh sweet corn and they were amazing! 



We made it back to the patio at Bistro 501 for a nice little date night! I got the grilled tomato and burrata salad that I had been dreaming about since last summer! 




We made another quick day trip to visit my parents and were lucky enough to see my dad release several monarchs! 








No comments