Nursery


The nursery is coming right along. I knew I wanted it to be calming and peaceful and I am loving how it has all been coming together.  I really like soft, pastels and we decided to paint the wall the crib is on with a light blue.  Shoutout to my mother-in-law who helped us so much. She painted this wall, all the trim, the closet doors, and door for us! This room is honestly probably my favorite in the house. 

I have been following Jordan Connelly for a while now. I just love her work so much. I love the colors she uses and all of her low country paintings make me smile. I found a couple of hers that I loved so much we decided to get prints of them to hang above the crib. I am so happy with how they turned out! They are so dreamy. 


I also knew I wanted to have shelves for books somewhere in the room, whether on the walls or an actual bookcase. We decided to go with shelves on the wall. I have been drawn to clouds when looking at decor and found the cutest cloud shelf from Target.  My sister gave us the other two shelves to complete a little reading corner that we have already begun to fill with books. The sweet white crotchet blanket on the chair was a gift from my Aunt Becky. She also made the sweetest little hat for our girl. Those gifts are honestly the best. I love the love that goes into making handmade gifts!



I am so happy to have this little horse from my childhood.  My granny made this for me when I was young and it's so nice to be able to incorporate it into the nursery.  I added a bow to coordinate with the room and she's perfect. Maggie has been wondering what is going on with all the constant changes (emptying our guest room, painting, new carpet, new furniture, etc.) but she does love sitting in the nursery with us whenever we are in there working on something. 






No comments