#MAYERISBACK

I had a wonderful weekend filled with family, friends, and music!  I headed up to Lafayette after work on Friday.  We went to dinner and had some drinks at Harry's.  On Saturday, Wyatt and I had lunch down in Indianapolis with both sets of our parents and my sister.  After lunch we met up with my group of friends from college for a little summer reunion over a concert.  Our group of friends had met up two different summers while in college for John Mayer concerts in Indianapolis and when we saw he was coming through again this summer we jumped at the chance for a reunion over a concert. We tailgated in the lot for a while before the concert.  It was great to catch up with my friends and even see a couple I haven't seen in a couple of years!  


The Girls | Me and Wyatt 
Me and Devin | The Boys
The Entire Gang Before The Concert

John had a great set! I loved, loved, loved his backdrop.  He had a giant screen behind him that had scenes from Monument Valley and of other red rock landscapes that cycled through different seasons and times of day. He played a couple of new songs from the new album and several from the last album as well as some old favorites and a few covers. The weather was just about perfect for a summer concert. We drove back to Lafayette after the concert and met Wyatt's parents and grandpa for breakfast the next morning to cap off a great weekend
The Girls Inside After We Met Up With Shaw and Carrie



Via
Setlist:
Queen of California
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
Fool To Love You
Something Like Olivia
Lay Down Sally (Eric Clapton)
Who Says
Shadow Days
Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad (Grateful Dead)
Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
Neon
Your Body Is A Wonderland
Wildfire
If I Ever Get Around to Living
Half of My Heart
Born and Raised
Vultures
Paper Doll
Age of Worry

Waiting On The World To Change
Encore:
Angel From Montgomery (John Prine)
Gravity







Ps. Paradise Valley is out a week from today.  I definitely recommend it! It's a great listen from start to finish and is definitely the next step in the evolution of his music.  Oh, and did I mention that you can stream the entire album right now on itunes?

No comments