Day Trip: B-town



On Saturday Wyatt and I went to Bloomington for a concert at the Bluebird.  We decided we would leave mid-afternoon and enjoy some time in town before the show.  Once we got there, we wandered around on campus for a while.  As per usual I was finding little details I had never noticed before and surprised with all the building construction on campus.  We started in the Union.





We walked across campus by the art museum and through the arboretum to go in the new Hodge Hall to see it now that it's finished.  I made Wyatt go walk through SPEA while we were there too.  It brought back many memories being back in that building.

SPEA



After that, we stopped by the Sample Gates on the way back to the car.  I snapped a couple instant pictures and then we went to dinner.  We decided to try Juannita's, a mexican restaurant on West Kirkwood.  I think we will definitely go back! We got queso fundido to start off with and then Wyatt got the Huarache with spicy chicken and I got a steak burrito.  The salsa was simple but so delicious.



Wyatt got the Huarache





After we ate, went over to the Bluebird for the concert.  We saw O Death open for Murder by Death.  They both put on excellent shows.  It was a great quick trip down to the town we both love so much!


No comments