Fashion Friday: What I Wore


I packed a lot of red, white, and blue for last weekend's holiday getaway to Michigan.  This trip was a good example of when my trademark over packing came in handy.  I wore at least two outfits every day except for the day we traveled home (but I wore three on the 4th).  I took a few cute dresses for nice dinners, a couple of warmer options for cool summer nights, and of course a few pairs of shorts for the warm days.  I threw in a couple of scarves and a couple of hats for times outdoors in the sun or cool nights.

I wore a lightweight dress from Old Navy with a khaki linen jacket for the 6 hour drive to Detroit since it was so comfortable.

I changed into this fun gingham dress and wedges for dinner and felt refreshed.


 It was pretty warm during the day on Sunday so I opted for a pair of my favorite Lilly Pulitzer shorts and a light and flowy top.  I went with a pair of white jeans, a gingham pelpum spaghetti strap top, a lightweight scarf, and a lightweight linen jacket for the concert that night since it was outdoors.

For the 4th of July, I chose this fun button down for the ride up to Traverse City. It's one of those shirts you just have to wear on the 4th, right?  I paired it with a pair of navy Lilly callahans and navy VV flip flops.

 I changed into this seersucker shift and added a red bow to keep it festive for our dinner date on the 4th of July.  This dress has been my favorite find for this summer!  After dinner we ran back and I changed into jeans and lightweight summer sweater in white and added a blue and red nautical themed scarf to complete my outfit for the chilly night.
For our last day and another 6 hour drive to get home, I chose comfortable jeans, a loose tank, and this monogrammed ball cap.


No comments