Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Winkler!


Wyatt and I drove down to Columbus, Indiana to attend the wedding of a very dear friend of mine on Saturday.  I've known Jordan since junior high and he has become such a great friend over the years.  We realized we were both planning to attend the same college and he came up with the brilliant idea of me rooming with my freshman year roommate.  During those four years at IU, we experienced a lot together.  We had a couple of classes together freshman year, we had season tickets to basketball games all four years, and spent countless hours with each other as we made a group of tight knit friend.  It was at IU that Jordan really turned to one of my best friends that I knew would always be looking out for me just as I would him.  As the years passed since college, we saw each other less and less.  It seems the only time that I could hang out with him and a couple of our other friends that we had a tradition of hanging out with over breaks and at holidays is when someone gets married.  In fact the last time I saw him was at Jaron's wedding. It is also the night I met Catherine.  We had a blast hanging out with them and getting to know her a bit.  So when Jordan texted me letting me know that he had proposed to her (at IU of all places!), I was ecstatic for him!





Their ceremony was at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church.  The church was beautiful and their ceremony was lovely.  My favorite part of ceremonies is watching the couple interact and I actually really love that in Catholic ceremonies you get the opportunity to watch them sitting together for a little moment in time as they are participating in one of the biggest days of their lives.  These two were just adorable.  Their reception was held at the Commons in downtown Columbus.  It is such a cute little town and that venue was great!






As I mentioned earlier, it really is hard for my friends and I to get together at holidays because we all have so many different family obligations and we seem to always be missing each other.  It was truly a highlight to be able to catch up with Jaron, Chelsea, Lindsey, and Scott.  I definitely decided that I will make more of an effort to see everyone more often!  We are between 1.5 -3 hours away from everyone so at least that is manageable!  Jordan and Catherine danced their first dance to 'Fly Me to the Moon' in front of a wall of windows with the backdrop of the night sky and moon.  It was just perfect.  I was a little obsessed with the floral arrangements on the tables.  They were perfect.

I am just so happy for Jordan and Catherine! I wish them the best in this new chapter of life together and hopefully the two lovebirds have a fantastic honeymoon next week!

No comments