Workin' On My Fitness

Workin' On My Fitness

I have been trying to be healthier this year.  Part of that is working out and getting into better physical shape.  I am miles away from where I would like to be but I am improving each week.  I have utilized a few of things to help make this happen.  

Workout Buddy | I have began working out a couple times a week with a coworker.  We work out immediately following work.  It is harder to make excuses to get out of working out if you are doing it with someone.  

Comfortable Gym Setting | One of the biggest things for me is finding a gym in which I feel comfortable.  Right now, I am utilizing the Wellness Center at my work.  It's free to me as an employee and it's right there at the end of the day.  Full disclosure: sometimes the fact that it's just across campus is a negative when I just need to get away from work but so far that hasn't been too much of a hindrance.  If you aren't comfortable with your gym then you will find a reason not to go.  Be sure that the staff, the equipment, and the clientele 

Routine | I have found a routine that works best for me is mixing it up some.  I do a few days of cardio at the gym and a few days of at home workouts.  For my home workouts, I have been using Kayla Itsines's app Sweat.  I also mix it up with a few other at home workouts from time to time.  Now that the weather is more consistently warm, I'd like to add in some more time outdoors too.

Internal and External Motivation | It helps that I want to feel and look healthier.  I feel better when I am more active.  This past fall and winter I noticed that I became somewhat sluggish and preferred to stay in and read than to go do things. The first step always have to come from within and you have to want it.  There are other things that motivate me though.  Wyatt has been very supportive and encouraging of me throughout my journey thus far. My coworker that I workout with has also been encouraging.  

There are so many fun options in workout apparel and accessories these days.  I've picked out some of my favorite below. I wear my Kate Spade Activity Tracker daily and use my Lilly Pulitzer + Starbucks Swell bottle when I'm at the gym.  I am also linking to my favorite Pandora station for workouts and an old playlist of mine that I love for the gym.



Workin' On My Fitness

Workin' On My Fitness

Happy sweating to all those who are also working on their fitness.


1 comment