Life Lately


The last couple weeks have been a blur! We had family in visiting and the 4th to keep us busy but it was so nice to have that time with family and friends.  We took the long, scenic route home from Wyatt's parents' house one evening because the sky was gorgeous.  Nothing makes me feel at home like driving through country roads with corn fields and pretty summer skies.




I decided to drive down to Indianapolis to look for some things for a couple of rooms we are working at the house and had lunch with my sister on Sunday afternoon.  We ate in Broad Ripple and decided to get ice cream after...because ice cream!  We walked on the Monon Trail back towards where I was parked after ice cream and enjoyed seeing Public Greens' garden.




We went to a cookout with friends on the afternoon of the 4th and then went over to watch the fireworks in Wyatt's parents' neighborhood.  I still cannot get over how impressive the display is from just an individual.  I decided to take this red, white, and blue fruit salad and decorated sugar cookies!






I recently request my swab kit to become listed on the donor registry.  A touching story of a family member of someone I knew in college finally gave me the courage to go ahead and get on the registry.  I have thought about this for a decade and always battled with myself over it, and ultimately talked myself out of it each time.  I am proud to say that I got the kit and sent my swabs in last week!  It was super simple and only took a few minutes of my time.  Everything from DKMS comes clearly and easily labeled.  You match a couple of bar codes with the proper documents and then put it in the pre-addressed and paid envelop.  It's a simple as that!  If you are interested in registering or want more information, please go here.  In order to request your swab kit, you just have to answer a few questions.


Last Friday, Wyatt and I went to Bella Beige downtown to pick up some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  I can't wait to share the finished piece(s) of furniture.  We knew for sure we wanted to do a dresser, but we are also thinking of painting the matching chest of drawers as well.  I am almost done with the dresser so we will evaluate its finished product.  I am working on creating a warm and inviting master bedroom with a lot of whites, beiges, and neutrals with a pop of color.  I definitely have a vision that I can't wait to see come to fruition!  I wore this fun outfit last weekend to dinner and an evening in with some friends.  Obviously when I saw the pineapple critter shorts at J Crew, I had to get them.

No comments