Ireland: Part One


Well this took a little bit to put together because the last few weeks have been crazy, but as promised here is a recap from my trip to Ireland with Wyatt and my parents.  We flew out of Chicago and into Dublin.  We spent the first weekend in Dublin since Wyatt and I had never been.  We landed mid-morning local time.  Once we got the car and made out way into the heart of Dublin, we had lunch at Porterhouse Central and I had my first (of many) fish and chips of the trip.  After lunch we went to Trinity College.  We saw the Book of Kells and the famous library on campus.  It was just amazing to see.  We wandered back to the car and checked into our hotel and took a much needed nap (at least I did).  We walked over to the Taphouse for dinner and I got a lamb mince slider and sweet potato fries.








The second day we were in Dublin we started with breakfast at Keogh's Cafe.  I had half an Irish breakfast!  Then we went on a tour at Guinness.  It was so worth the admission price.  We even learned how to taste it and how to pour the perfect pint.  After our tour we had lunch at Bankers Bar.  I had my first of many vegetable soups of the trip here.  We walked around for a bit before hopping on a bus tour.  The got off the bus tour near to stop in at the Brazen Head for a pint.  It's the oldest pub in Ireland, established in 1198.  I also had some delicious cheesecake there.  We did a little more walking around and made a trip through the Temple Bar area.  We had dinner across the street from our hotel at the Barge that night.



































On Monday, we made our way from Dublin to Dingle.  We stopped in Limerick to visit King John's castle.  After touring that we had lunch at the Locke.  Mom and Dad had been there before on a previous trip.  I got fish and chips.  We continued our journey across country to Dingle and arrived mid-afternoon to our rental house.  We settled and then went to town to have dinner at John Benny's Pub.  I had the roast of the day which was ham.


















2 comments