Advent Activity Calendar


Happy first day of December (and happy birthday to my bff, Devin)! I love, LOVE, love this time of year.  From Halloween through the end of the year, there just seems to be something exciting in the air.  I love all the family and friends time during this season.  During December there are so many things that I consider must-do activities (give me all the Christmas activities).  This year, after a few failed attempts over the last few Christmas seasons, we decided we want to do an advent activity. Even though I am out of town a week of December, we still came up with a list of activities (we did get a head start by decorating our tree last weekend and perhaps some we can do together via FaceTime?) that we want to do.  Today, I'm sharing some of the fun ideas you can find and use for yourself! 

I found these adorable countdown numbers on Simple As That that I am excited to use! This allows you to create your own to match your traditions. I have some pretty green envelopes, I'm attaching these fun numbers to where we can put the activity inside.  I also try to get and gather any necessary supplies for the activities we choose.  The first year I tried to get us on board with doing this, our busy schedules prevented us from doing much but I had gatherer everything into a wire basket so that when we did pull an advent activity out, we had everything conveniently located in one place to do it.
Advent Number Tags
Via: Simple As That
There are so many great ideas out there! Here is a link to a great article with 35 DIY Advent Calendar Ideas but if you are in a crunch for time, there are also some great free, printable advent activities out there! I am really like this one by Mama.Papa.Bubba. 

Via: Mama.Papa.Bubba.

You can find this and so many more great ideas over on Pinterest.

Tonight, our first activity is to take over supplies for and decorate a small tree in Wyatt's grandpa's room. I purchased the tree on a whim last year for my office.  I took it to South Carolina to decorate our rental on our trip and instead of setting it up at work when I returned home, we took it to his grandpa's room.  We decided we will do it again this year and kick off our activities with that one!  

No comments