The Nutcracker at IU & Monument Circle in Indianapolis


Y'all, this month has been crazy! On top of being gone for a week with my family, I tried to cram in as many holiday activities as possible! I always wanted to go see the Nutcracker at IU while I was in school there but just never got around to it.  We had talked about going a couple of different years recently but something always came up.  This year I picked a date early and got us tickets! I was so, so glad I did.  I LOVED it! I wish I could share with you pictures of the gorgeous sets and costumes and the sounds of the orchestra and dances of the ballet.  The snow scene was magical!

















After the ballet, we made a couple more stops in town. I wanted to see the giant gingerbread house in the Union so we stopped by there and then we checked out a couple of stores for some gifts before heading to Indianapolis to have dinner with my sister and check out Monument Circle.  We ate at Broken English in downtown Indianapolis.  Allison got the (giant) nachos, I got a quesadilla, and Wyatt got al pastor tacos.  It was pretty good food and the inside of it was so cool.  Full disclosure: the Big 10 football championships were in town at the same time so the bar/restaurant was full of fans and it was LOUD in there. It wasn't really our scene but worth checking out in the future!

















No comments