Wedding Wednesday: How I Asked My Bridesmaids


My most popular post is by far my post about bestie boxes or birthday in boxes.  It should come as no surprise that I decided to put together boxes to give/send to my best girls in order to ask them to be a bridesmaid.  I was able to give three of my five bridesmaids their bridesmaid proposal boxes in person but had to ship the other two.  I wanted it to be something cute, small, and thoughtful.  I purchased these cute cards to write a note to each of my girls asking them to stand by my side on my big day and letting them know how much I value our friendship! I ended up getting these No Ugly Crying embroidered handkerchiefs for everyone.  I thought about doing some sort of customized tumbler, wine glass, etc. but decided I will save that for their gifts on the wedding day.  Instead of that I went out and got stemless champagne flutes and found some fun stirrer sticks and paper straws.  I had some giant rings left over from a bachelorette I took decorations to so I added one of those to each glass! I also saw some cute Team Bride hair ties at Francescas one day.  They were on clearance but these are similar! I slipped one around the base of each glass for a cute little embellishment during transit.

In addition that, I included a small notebook that I provided a few details/notes to help the girls when it comes to shopping for bridesmaid dresses.  I included some paint chips in the palette we are working with, some samples of fabric, our wedding crest, etc.  I also included an info packet that I made after seeing several similar ideas online.  I wanted to give the girls some information on what Wyatt and I envision for our day, what I want them to wear, what my expectations are, and a little information about each of the girls.  I wanted to share their contact information with everyone so I opted to include this all on that card as well as when I met each girl and a cute memory with each of them.










No comments