Happy 1st Anniversary!


Wow! I can't believe it's been a year since the most magical day, our wedding!  We had these grand plans to go see Jim James with the Colorado Symphony in a couple of weeks to celebrate our 1st anniversary and 8 years (!) together but Covid-19 has other plans for us. We thought seeing Jim James was very fitting given that he is the frontman to the band that headlined Forecastle and got us together 8 years ago! Had we still been planning to take that trip we likely would have just went out to dinner on our anniversary.  Again, we can't do that now either.  We decided to celebrate a couple days early so we could celebrate on Saturday night vs. Monday (even though we still had a nice homemade dinner on our actual anniversary courtesy of Wyatt).  I decorated in odes to our wedding and Wyatt picked up takeout from our favorite Thai restaurant.   I decorated our wet bar area with a balloon garland I made with supplies I had on hand.  I pulled out the milk glass, gold chargers, and some light blue similar to what we had at our wedding.  I also got some of our Evelyn Henson map prints out, Louisville, Bloomington, Madrid, and Barcelona to commemorate where we met/got married, Forecastle Festival, and our honeymoon and added our wedding crest.  After dinner we had our wedding cake and wine and danced to some songs from our wedding. Even though our plans got derailed, we still had a special and lovely anniversary. 











I ordered our vows done in watercolor for Wyatt's 'paper' gift but didn't think they would arrive in time so I improvised.  I painted a watercolor from one of our wedding photos to give to him when we celebrated.  Luckily, the actual gift came on our actual anniversary! We have them both hanging on the gallery wall in our hallway no and I love seeing them and the guestbook all the time and remembering our wedding.






No comments