Friday Five

Happy Friday! Not a lot going on to report on these days. We've been quarantining since March and are just not starting to do a little more. I have still only seen a handful of people since March 20th, besides the employees and shoppers at the grocery. We are planning to see my family for the first time since February this weekend and I couldn't be more excited!  Since we are not traveling, going to concerts, gathering with friends, etc., I figured I would share a Friday Five post.

Playlists

Since we've been stuck at home, I have made a lot of playlists on my Spotify. I am so in love with my Summer 2020 playlist.

Bathroom Renovation

We have been planning to do a master bathroom renovation for a year and we are finally almost ready to start! We are so excited. We picked out and ordered all the tile for our shower and bathroom floor last weekend. I cannot wait to start this process and watch it all come together. I will be sure to share more as we get into the project and complete it. 

Junior League of Indianapolis

I am so grateful for the women I have met and get to work alongside in the JLI. Things have obviously not been normal for our League operations since March. I was so glad to have participated in a Saturday training just before quarantine took effect and in-person events were cancelled.  We quickly moved to virtual meetings and I cannot tell you how great it has been to keep some normalcy to life by having some of these routine meetings.  I'm serving two placements this League year - the first year of a two year placement on our 100th Committee as the Communications Sub-Chair and also serving in the capacity of Digital Committee Chair again this year.  I'm proud of our ability to pivot and continue to serve in meaningful ways. 

Black Lives Matter

A lot is happening in the country right now. As a white woman, I understand that alone means I am privileged.  Right now we are asking ourselves critical questions as we look to truly educate ourselves better and advocate harder for the necessary changes that we must see in our country.  The Black community needs us to finally step up and do the work we should have been doing hundreds of years ago.  

I have been so gracious that many Black individuals are willing to take time to help us white people connect with the resources to educate ourselves. I have been doing some research and listening to what the Black community has to say while I await some back-ordered books to become available again from local shops instead of Amazon. We cannot let this movement pass us by yet again.  As white people we need to grow and work hard to hold our elected officials accountable and ensure that they help create the change we so desperately need in our country.

PRIDE

It's June and with June comes PRIDE month and celebrating. I'm so sad that the pandemic makes celebrating love in the usual fashion of festivals, parades, and events not possible.  Love is love and we need more of that in the world these days.  There aren't any in-person PRIDE events but there are some virtual and I plan to join in on some.  I just purchased this new shirt just in time for PRIDE month.







No comments