Nashville: Devin and Jake say 'I Do'

I was lucky enough to not only be in attendance to watch one of my best friends get married last weekend, I was able to be a part of her special day.  When Devin sent me the text telling me how her and Jake had gotten engaged senior year, I was so excited to see her as a bride and even more excited when she asked me to be one of her brdesmaids.  I just knew their wedding was going to be perfect.  Turns out it was.
The Hermitage Hotel, Inside Owen Chapel, Sign outside the Chapel
Their wedding took place in Nashville.  It was definitely a memorable weekend that will be hard to top anytime soon.  A friend of the groom's parents held a luncheon in Devin's honor the day before the nuptials took place at the historic Hermitage Hotel in downtown Nashville.  We knew from the moment we stepped foot in the gorgeous hotel that we were in for a real treat over the course of the entire weekend.  The luncheon was the perfect way to start the busy weekend (especially since David Yurman's wife stopped Devin on our way in and even gave her breathing excersises for the big day) and the food was to die for.

From there the whirlwind of a weekend truly began.  We arrived at the chapel that afternoon for the rehearsal and I was swept away.  The ceremony was at Owen Chapel, a chapel that has been around for over a hundred years and has still maintained the simplicity of the time in which it was built.  It reminded me of the church my Granny attended in Paoli to an extent.  The simplicity of the church seemed perfect for the overall feel of the ceremony.  I don't think they could have found a better place to have had it.  We breezed through the rehearsal and headed to Whitfield's for the rehearsal dinner and a welcoming party Jake's parents hosted.  Whitfield's was a super chic little piano bar and restaurant.  During dinner, the bride gave her bridesmaids their bridesmaid gift.  She gave us a stunning pearl necklace to wear to the ceremony that completed our ensemble perfectly.  After a night of drinks and mingling with friends at the piano bar, we headed back to the hotel early to unwind before getting our beauty rest.

Clockwise from top: At the rehearsal dinner, Arriving at Nashville, The happy couple at Whitfield's, Rehearsal
 After a false alarm of thinking I had slept through my alarm the day of the wedding, we headed to Jake's parents' house to get ready.  We had our hair and makeup done before going to a park for pictures.  The sun was shining as we got our pictures taken at the top of a hill surrounded by trees and on some stone steps. I cannot wait to see them! We finished the pictures and headed over to Owen Chapel and began to do touch-ups and last minute details.  The chapel was decorated so nicely.  Devin chose to use blue hydrangeas as her main flower.  They decorated the pews and were incorporated into floral arrangements at the front of the room and in wreathes hanging over the windows.  The ceremony included a vocalist and a violinist.  The vocalist sang 'Home' by Michael Buble and 'Ave Maria' and did an amazing job.  The happy couple enjoyed a bubble send-off before taking off in a corvette for the reception at the family's country club, Richland Country Club.

Clockwise from TL: With the gorgeous bride, Bridesmaids, With the Jr Bridesmaid, HH reunited

The reception was one of the prettiest I have ever seen.  The rooms were so elegant.  The wedding party was introduced to the song 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' by the Beach Boys.  I was so happy the couple chose that song.  The Beach Boys will always hold a special place in my heart, but that is for another post some other time.  Devin's stepdad gave the most beautiful little welcoming speech and later left many tearieyed with a song that he wrote and performed for Devin and Jake.  The couple chose to have a live band instead of a DJ and they were so fun.  I was a huge fan of the groom's cake that Devin picked out for Jake as it was IU themed.  Devin's Aunt Kim did a tremendous job of creating a candy bar for the guest to make treat bags at that I will definitely be keeping in the back of mind for future reference.  The whole reception is a blur to me.  It seemed like it flew by and I barely had time to dance out on the dancefloor.  It was so good to sit and catch up with people though.  I only wish I had more time there to mingle and dance.

Clockwise from TL: The beautiful cake,  Wedding party introductions at reception, Some of HH, The view from the room, Mark's song he wrote and performed for the couple, The candy bar Devin's Aunt Kim constructed




  


  

1 comment

  1. Amanda Condra.... I absolutely adore you! This is unbelievably kind! Thank you so much for being apart of our wonderful day! I wouldn't have been complete without you. LOVE YOU TO PIECES! xoxo

    ReplyDelete