Busy, Busy, Busy

It's been a busy time since I last posted the weekend before last.  Last time we talked, I shared the skirt that I had made from a tutorial online.  Most notably, I made a cookie order for a special book club meeting.  My hands were oh so sore after finishing those, but it was well worth it.  They turned out so pretty.
Having a holiday in the middle of the week, threw me off a bit.  I was busy the 4th of July crafting and thrifting.  In the morning, I made a patriotic hair bow to wear for the day.  I found some fabric on sale so the bow cost me less than $1 to make.  


After lunch, mom and I went to Traderbaker's Flea Market in town and I managed to snag me a milk glass cake stand and an oval chalkboard.  After making the neon gingham skirt the weekend before last, I was still in the sewing mood.  I was in JoAnn's with my mom and she told me about some seersucker she had seen.  I got enough of it to make another skirt.  So I spent the rest of my day off sewing another skirt.  I made some changes and I must say...I LOVE this skirt.  I love it so much that I already took it with me to Lafayette over the weekend and wore it out for drinks with some friends.  




No comments