Saturday Crafterday

Today I did not have any plans so after a morning workout, I decided I would spend my day crafting.  My mom gave me some fabric she had and as soon as I saw the neon green gingham, I knew I wanted a skirt out of it.

I looked around back then for tutorials of skirts that were similar to the J Crew skirt shown above from the J Crew Factory store.  I pinned a few different tutorials but never got around to actually sitting down and doing any of them.  Today was the day.  I opened a couple and compared them based on what I thought I could do and I finally chose this tutorial. I think I ended up choosing this specific one because she covered adding a lining to the skirt and the other had not and I definitely needed a lining.  I went over the tutorial and gathered my supplies.  Then I spent the afternoon sewing my first skirt....all on my own.  Sewing is intimidating to me as it is but especially when my mom is not home for me to ask questions or for help.  Once I finished the skirt (re: almost finished...I have a couple of minor things left with the lining), I added a pocket to a plain gray tank top I had out of a scrap of Lilly Pulitzer fabric that I had.

If you want to be inspired by someone to do some of your own sewing, go check out some of Jessica's recent posts on What I Wore.  She has been posting several things as of lately that she has sewn.  I love this dress and hat that she made in this post!  

No comments