Weekend Recap

Over the weekend I went home to visit my parents and my Papaw.  The weather threatened to ruin my plans but a quick adjustment meant that I was able to still make it home for a night, get a visit in with my Papaw, and make it back here before the snow hit!  We ended up getting about 10 inches of snow on Sunday so I am glad I moved my trip up a day!  On Friday night I got home just in time to go to Mi Pueblo for dinner with my mom!  After dinner, we went through some stuff I still had in my room at my parents house.  When we were going through it my mom told me she had gone through a box of her with high school stuff in it recently and found a Rustiks business card.  The Rustiks just happened to be my dad's band.  Small world.  She didn't remember ever having the card. (Sidenote:  my parents didn't know each other until after high school)

On Saturday we went to an Amish store in the country on our way to my Papaw's in Orange County.  Mom had taken my sister to this store back in the winter and she bought my sister, Wyatt, and me all kinds of goodies from there for Christmas (hello amazing knives!).  She specifically wanted me to see the baking section.  They had sprinkle, spices, food coloring, flavor extracts, etc in bulk.  I was in heaven.  I only walked away with chicken base and clear vanilla extract but I could have easily boy a whole car load of stuff!

We made our way to Paoli after our quick stop at the store and ended up eating lunch at the Lost River Market & Deli ( a co-op that just happens to be in the building in which my aunt and uncle had a store prior to selling to the market). I had my old standard, ham and apple sandwich, and tried the turkey chili.  I love their sandwiches, wraps, and soup & salad bar!  I also love the atmosphere of the quaint store.  It's so inviting.  Everyone is so friendly.



 After a quick lunch, we headed out to the country to visit my Papaw.  It was a nice little visit, as always.  I was happy to get it in before the snow (I made it back to Lafayette just before the snow began to fell) and before the end of April which my alternate option to not going because of the inclement weather.  We ended up getting around 10 inches of snow here in Lafayette between Saturday night and Sunday afternoon!


No comments