Weekend Recap: Besties in Louisville

Morgan host my a reunion at her place in Louisville over the weekend.  There were 8 of us in one apartment.  We were only missing two ladies who just couldn't make it for the weekend.  It is extremely rare that we even get that many together.  It definitely takes a lot of planning ahead!  I went down with some of the girls on Saturday afternoon.  We hung out at Morgans that afternoon until time to go out for dinner.  She took us to the Silver Dollar.  I love, love, loved this place!


I had to try a Kentucky Mule since Morgan highly recommended it. It was a twist on a Moscow Mule with Wild Turkey 101 bourbon, ginger syrup, lime and so delicious!  The sweet potato fries and fried pickles were really good.



After dinner, Morgan took us to Drakes and Molly Malones in the St. Matthews neighborhood. On Sunday, we hung out for a bit before going to brunch in the Highlands neighborhood (one of my faves in the city) at El Camino.  Yum! I'm so glad we ended up there.  They have one of the best brunches in the city.  Being the biscuits and gravy lover that I am, I couldn't pass up the biscuits and chorizo gravy! But this place has all the tacos I love, so I had to try at least one taco while there. I got the Al Pastor.  It was all delicious.  I have already put this on a list of must visits when I'm back this summer for Forecastle.
It was so good to hang out with the gang again!  I was welcomed home to some of the pretties tulips and peonies (which are my favorites).  I also found this absolutely perfect buzzfeed article last night about missing living with your college friends. They're good and so true!




No comments