Hometown Hunt: Uptown Jazz and Blues Festival



I recently discovered Eventbrite's Hometown Hunt project and decided to join in and share one of my favorite hometown spots! Eventbrite is great for finding events locally. They also have software where you can manage your own events too!

Nichole came to visit last weekend since it had been far too long since we had seen each other.  After spending the day eating and shopping (it's what we do best), we decided to go to the Uptown Jazz and Blues Festival.  It was my first time at the annual event and I must say, I was impressed.


The festival takes place downtown where our Farmer's Market is held on Saturdays.  The blocked off streets were home to three stages and a few food and drink vendors.  Nichole and I had met up with Wyatt for dinner downtown at Brew Co. before the show so we didn't try any of the food, but we did enjoy some People's beer. 

We managed to catch some of Condition Blue's set.  Watching them reminded me of being in college again when I would go to Jazz concerts for my Jazz for the Listener course. We grabbed a seat and watched Melvin Taylor and the Taylor Made Band next.  
I am already looking forward to next year's event and plan to bring more people with me.  This festival is just one event of many over the summer that take place downtown.  There are so many great events that take place downtown each summer and many have live music.  I'm looking forward to the last Mosey of the season in a couple of weeks followed by German Fest soon after.  The downtown area has so much to offer year round with several wonderful annual events, great restaurants, and cute little shops!   

No comments