Friday Five: Around Our House


For this week's Friday Five, I'm sharing five things I'm loving around our house right now.  We have lived in a house and not an apartment for a year and half.  I don't share a lot of things about our house other than random seasonal decor.  I thought I'd share a few things I'm really enjoying in our house right now.

1. Eucalyptus Pillow Spray


I recently picked up a bottle of this pillow spray from TJ Maxx and I'm obsessed.  It smells so good and it really helps add to the relaxing environment in our bedroom.  Does anyone else love TJ Maxx for items like this as much as me?!

2. Ginger Jars


I moved around some of our ginger jars and rearranged the chest in what is now our guest room.  When we first moved in to the house, we used this as our bedroom.  We painted an accent wall navy, hung ginger jar prints, a mirror, and new curtains to make it our own.  I even updated the drawer knobs on the chest to match our décor.  After I found the prints that we hung in there, I began looking at local antique and flea markets for ginger jars and picked up several blue and white pieces for relative cheap! I have the urge to start looking for more again! These pieces are just so pretty! Here's what the room looks like now vs what it looked like last year (before we added a small tv I got for my birthday).






3. Souvenir Plate Collection/Front Entry


I started collecting souvenir plates several years ago. Last fall I hung some of them on the wall in our front entry hall above on of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house! The chest and the gorgeous lamp were pieces we acquired when we moved in to the house that had been Wyatt's grandfather's.  I love the idea of the souvenir plates because of all the traveling I have done over the years.  I like look in antique, thrift stores, flea markets, and yard sales for new plates.  I try to make sure they are places I have been, and most recently I've focused on places that have meaning to both me and Wyatt.  The wall is outfitted in with several places we have traveled to together like San Francisco and California, Niagara Falls, Kentucky, Florida, and Georgia together.  And we obviously spend a lot of time in Indianapolis.  The shells in the glass dish on the chest are all from our trips and almost all from Folly Beach, South Carolina. I had a kitchy little family portrait of us done last year that we have on display in the entry as well.



4. DW Home Candles


I found DW Home candles at TJ Maxx and love them! We don't burn candles all that often but I have three or four of this brand now.  I just picked up a double wicked peony scented candle by the brand for our bedroom! I have this fresh gardenia scent in the bathroom.  I like to burn it in the guest bathroom before company comes over and it makes the whole front end of our house smell like the prettiest garden! I didn't see any online at TJ Maxx but Francesca's has some available online.  I linked them below.




5. Outdoor areas


I love our yard and front door.  We just had the door installed during the winter and will paint it once we get a storm door AND decide what color we are going to paint it! Ha.  Still trying to decide what color trim/shutters we want before we decide what color front door to have!  I love my fern that I have at the front door. I'm notorious for killing flowers/plants so I decided to go with a fern for this rather shaded little front step.  Wyatt keeps our lawn looking so great and works hard in our garden and with the roses and peonies we have on the side of the house.  I planted new tulips last fall to go with the existing tulips and daffodils.  I just love pulling in the driveway and seeing Sox sitting in the front window keeping an eye on the neighborhood! I love our little house and I'm looking forward to decorating for the 4th this weekend!




No comments