Life is a party, dress like it: Garden Party


Mom's gorgeous flowers this spring.
All the pretty spring flowers and summer dresses out, have me wanting to host a garden party luncheon.  Of course, I have no reason to host one currently but I have been eyeing pins on Pinterest to create the perfect outdoor garden party luncheon/tea.  I love everything about the idea of a garden party from the decor to the attire to the menu.  It is the perfect type of party to start the summer season off right.
1| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5| 6

The a simple summer shift dress would be the perfect outfit for a garden party paired with some metallic accents in the form of sandals and jewelry and a great floppy hat.  When I think about the style aspect of a garden party, many thoughts of derby attire cross my mind. (You can find all of the items pictured above and below on Pinterest for links and tons more pins)
1 | 2 | 3
For summer lunch parties, indoor and outdoor, I love a lighter menu full of salads, light summery sandwiches, and fruits.  Of course, cake is always a great menu item, especially when you like to bake like I do.  

I was inspired by all the blooms found in my own yard over the last few weeks and my recent purchase of a floppy hat for summer festivals and outdoor events.  Now I just need a reason to throw a garden party in my own back yard. What more could a girl ask for...peonies, Lilly, and a pretty hat? 


No comments