Family Vacation 2015

The annual trip after Christmas took on a very different look this year.  We went to Charleston, South Carolina for a week with my parents and sister instead of Destin.  Obviously, I was thrilled that we got to stay in a house on Folly Beach!  Charleston is my favorite city and even though we just visited over the summer, I was ready to go back.

Wyatt and I picked up Allison and three of us drove down to meet my parents.  Our first meal down there was Taco Boy which happened to be just a couple minutes from our house and within walking distance.  We definitely tried it more than once because it was delicious.  You could say we're taco connoisseurs (I've been known to make fish tacos and tacos al pastor at home).  The first day we were in Charleston, we ate lunch at the Tattooed Moose and walked around the historic district.  We ended the afternoon with a carriage tour of the city.

The next day we took the gang to see the Angle Oak tree and then had lunch downtown at Sticky Fingers before doing some shopping on King Street.  I got a couple of steals at the Lilly Pulitzer store, Palm Avenue!

The next day, we spent some time on the beach in the morning.  That afternoon Wyatt and I rented bikes and rode to the other end of the island to go see the Morris Island Light.  That afternoon was my favorite part of the whole trip.  Altogether we rode 7 or 8 miles but it was so relaxing and great to see the island like that.





We went downtown one day to see the Pineapple Fountain and then we went to Cypress Gardens but it was pretty chilly so we weren't out walking around them too long.  On the coldest day of the trip (it was in the 30s!), Wyatt and I went down town to have lunch at Minero.  It was so good!  I highly recommend it to any who like Mexican street food.  After that, Wyatt put up with me shopping in a couple more places (because he's the best boyfriend) and I actually found what we Lilly lovers like to refer as our 'holy grail' pieces at a consignment store.  I found Lucky Charms capris!  That night we got dressed up for a nice dinner at Husk.  Wyatt has loved watching Chef Sean Brock on season 2 of Mind of a Chef so we had to try his restaurant!








On our last day, we drove over the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge and drove out to Isle of Palms.  We toured and tasted at the Palmetto Brewery in Charleston and that night Wyatt and I went back for dinner at Minero and a drink at Husk.  




No comments