Edge of America Part One

We just returned from a week vacation to Folly Beach and Charleston with my family.  You may remember we did this last holiday season too, only we went after New Year's last time.  We rented a place in the same neighborhood as our trip in January.  I was excited to get into the area a little earlier in the holiday season so we could enjoy some of the holiday festivities. We ended up hitting up several of our favorite spots to eat as well as few new places.

I am not sure if we could have asked for better weather while we were down there.  Despite early forecasts, we only had one day of rain.  The temps were in the low to mid 70s for the most part of our trip.  That allowed me to wear shorts several days! 



Our first day was full of good eats and shopping.  We grabbed some cupcakes from Sweet LuLu's before we went into Charleston.  We had a quick lunch at Sticky Fingers before spending some time on King Street!  I had to go to Palm Avenue first and then Wyatt and I moseyed down the street, stopping in various shops.  After King Street, my family went to City Market.  That evening we went to the James Island County Park's Festival of Lights.  It was so cool!

 The next day Wyatt and I had lunch on our own at the Wich Doctor in Folly Beach.  It was delicious!  I had the Korean Beef and Kimchi sandwich.  We spent most of the day hanging around the house or the island and then ended with dinner at Rita's.  The next day we got up and went into Charleston to wander around the historic district and for lunch at Minero!  Wyatt and I treated my family to lunch at Minero because it is one of our favorites and my parents had recently watch a show that Chef Sean Brock was on so they were interested in his places. We also went to the Pitt Street Bridge and Westbrook Brewing that afternoon before heading back to Folly.









I'll be back for part two later.  To take a look back at some of my other trips to Charleston go here, here, and here.

No comments